Friday, August 14, 2009

Fireman

I set my alarm to go off at 9 AM today. It did, but I didn't; I figured I hadn't slept in since last Saturday, so I'd go back to sleep. I drifted in and out of dreams for the next hour and a half. I dreamt that I was in an alternate-reality game based on The Office, run by an acquaintance I haven't seen for years. We were on the beach, it was sunset. It was pleasant.

I don't just dream in stories, my emotions dream, too, and I find that's when my problems with anxiety and depression might get to be their worst, but I'm asleep at the time, so I'm not sure. Small children get bad dreams and they can't get back to sleep so they crawl into their parents' bed; they do that while they wait for the bad vibes to shake off. I don't live with my parents, and, besides, I'm a grown-up, so I dilly-dallied over breakfast, while feeling absolutely terrible and knowing that that feeling had nothing to do with reality.

You might be surprised by how much singing helps. I am.

I love the song, Penny Lane by the Beatles. There's a character in it, a fireman, and I have a friend, and the first time I saw him, I was surprised because he looks like how I imagined the fireman on Penny Lane would look. I got to see this friend today, and he's a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment